Sunday, December 1, 2013

Education and Me

How does education affect your life?

Education affects my life in many ways. Education or the lack there of affects every situation and every person you come into contact with. In many instances you get a chance to learn something or be educated about something you previously did not have as much knowledge on. This can occur every single day. And other times you have the chance to educate or inform someone about something they may not know a lot about.
Education also affects my life because it is my life. School takes up the majority of my time every single week. And it will continue to affect my life every day because that is the profession I have chosen to go into. What happens in the formal sense of education (going to school) and the experiences we have help to shape and mold us. I know it certainly has me.

Why do you choose to become a teacher? 

I chose to become a teacher because honestly I could not imagine doing anything else with my life. I was very fortunate growing up to have many amazing teachers every single year. Each one of them was different but taught me so much. The connections and the genuine care each of them had for me as not only a student but a person were life changing. Many of whom I am still in contact with to this day.
I hope to effect that kind of change in my students one day. To give them positive educational experiences. To let them know they are cared about and to teach them something. I want to positively affect their lives as both students and human beings. I want to see their eyes light up when they "get it" I want to be a part of it. I want everyone to have what I had.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you shared your thoughts on these deep questions. I like the background to your blog too!

    ReplyDelete